Monday, December 23, 2013

Dressing for the occasion

Who runs the world?

Girls

This past Friday I attended the Beyonce concert at the TD Garden and she blew everyones mind as expected. The words used that night to describe her included "super woman", "Queen" and "perfect". As always, I started thinking about my outfit as soon as I got the tickets but this one did not come as easily. When it comes to baby showers, polo matches and weekends on the cape it's simple for me. I go to my closet, pick out a pair of Jack Rogers and something bright like Lilly Pulitzer or vineyard vines and its a go. A Beyonce concert outfit actually took me weeks. I ordered some things that did not turn out as expected and spent two hours in the mall trying on all the outfits you would expect to see, jump suits, sequins, leopard, patterned pants. Let's just say my friends were "crying" when I sent them the pictures. I'm not sure if its my preppy personality or my short awkward body that made these things all look so horrible but here are some pictures for you to understand and laugh. I also believe that these things could all look super cute on someone else.

Now for my outfit that I ended up wearing. I ordered the most fabulous tulle skirt from Space 46 Boutique and paired it with a sequin lip shirt from express and some leopard heels. (similar here)

I absolutely loved this outfit so much and wearing a tulle skirt brings out my not so inner princess in me even more.

As for my friends outfits, lets just say they looked stunning. From one pieces, Beyonce tees, sequins, leotard and one perfect snoop dog sweatshirt, I would say we were one fabulous group.

Now it's time to get my outfit ready for a Surprise birthday party for Jesus!

With love,

Ashley Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment