Friday, January 3, 2014

Goodbye 2013

Hello 2014!

We have finally said goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014 plus a few extra days of vacation with this snowstorm coming.I have spent the past week at Loon after a wonderful Christmas. This years Christmas was clearly a lot different, spending it at the hospital but it was nothing short of magical with all the family and friends that came to spend it with us at the hospital. I was absolutely terrible with taking pictures of my outfits over the holiday but I did want to share some of them with you. My first outfit was for the annual "Surprise birthday party for Jesus" where all my friends come together the day before Christmas eve and celebrate the holiday.

There was a suggested red dress attire but I went with an old Jcrew Factory skirt and lace top. Also went with some green tights.

For Christmas Eve I found this amazing tulle skirt at Urban Outfitters and paired it with this bow sweater from Jcrew Factory. See those red shoes? TJ Maxx on Christmas eve. Who woulda thought?

For my whole life, even last year, I was the person who woke up at 5 am on Christmas morning so excited to open presents but this year we did it on Christmas Eve. It was different but still just as wonderful. One gift I opened was a plaid Ralph Lauren nightgown with ruffles. The cutest "Christmas Jammies" I could have ever imagined and I wore them at my sleepover with momma and Lacey on Christmas!

My last outfit I will share is my NYE outfit. I paired a Lilly Pulitzer skirt I got on Poshmark and this black lace Jcrew Factory shirt.

2013 will be a year I never forget, it was the year I bought the home next to my parents but also the year my dad fell and broke his neck. This year has been life changing but I know even more now how lucky I am. I have the most incredible support system filled with family, friends and a job that supported me during these tough times. I can't say it was the worst year ever because that would just be wrong. Yes, something terrible happened to my family but a lot of amazing and wonderful things and people happened to me as well. I wish you all an even better 2014 surrounded by what makes you happiest. I will now leave you with my 15 second Flipogram that sums up my year pretty well.

Cheers to a New Year and 2014!

With Love,

Ashley Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment